Your water heater is an vital part of your home; after all, it is responsible for producing all the hot water you and your household use on a regular basis for cooking, rinsing, and bathing. While most water heaters are intended to last for years with remarkably infrequent headaches, water heater issues can—and do—still arise.
Common Water Heater Problems
If you discover any of the following issues with your water heater, it’s time to call a trained plumber to assess the problem:
- Water seeping from the top or bottom of of the water heater
- Water temperature can’t be governed by adjusting the thermostat
- Water takes too long to reheat
- Low water pressure
- Water heater is making popping, hissing, thumping, knocking, or other strange noises
- Your water looks mucky or rusty
- Your water has a bad odor Pilot light or burner won’t light or keeps going out (applies to gas water heaters)
When you call Simply Green Plumbing, Sewer & Rooter about a water heater issue, we’ll send out a trained technician to determine the problem and provide you with recommendations on remedying the problem. If repairs are required, we will provide you with an estimate on the cost to do so. If we find the issues cannot be repaired, or that it’s less costly in the long run to replace your water heater, we’ll advise you of options.
When To Replace Your Water Heater
While some water heater issues, such as sediment accumulation, can be taken care of relatively easily with water heater repairs, other problems probably necessitate complete water heater replacement. The overall age and performance of your water heater will also play a role in ascertaining whether you should have your system replaced.
You may want to consider replacing your water heater if your water heater:
- Is more than 8 to 12 years old (depending on the manufacturer’s specifications)
- Is not very efficient and you want to lower your energy expenses
- There is corrosion or rust built up on or inside your water heater
- Is seeping, since leaks in this piece of equipment cannot be repaired.
For water heater replacement, you have many choices:
- Conventional storage tank water heater
- Tankless water heater
- Heat pump water heater
- Solar powered water heater
- Condensing water heater
Each type has its pros and cons. Simply Green can supply you with recommendations to assess your alternatives and decide on the type of water heater that’s appropriate for you and your family.
If you were satisfied with your old water heater’s performance, you may just wish to replace it with the same or similar type. Manufacturers are always improving their water heaters, so even if you replace the broken one with a corresponding model, you’ll get more efficient performance.
If you need Water Heater Replacement service, we can help you. Give us a call for more information.
We offer water heater replacement in these cities:
– Los Gatos
– San Jose
– Los Altos
– Los Altos Hills
– Mountain View
– Cambrian Park
– Willow Glen
– Monte Sereno
– Santa Clara